The SegmentDataQueueReceiver morphs Domain data into a set-based XML output format and puts it into Queue. This allows multiple Scenarios to produce their own sets of Domain data while maintaining set-based parent/child relationships across multiple related Domains.
Note: This Receiver is only available for the nested delimited output file format.
In This Article
- When Should this Receiver be Used?
- What Receivers Does it Work With?
- SegmentDataCreatorReceiver vs. SegmentDataQueueReceiver
- Receiver Parameters
- Receiver Attribute Property Keys
- How Does the SegmentDataQueueReceiver Work?
- Special Notes for Imported Domains
- Full Use Case Example
When Should this Receiver be Used?
- Any time a user wants to generate Domain data segments to queue to merge in real-time and speed up test data generation for large amounts of nested delimited output.
What Receivers Does it Work With?
SegmentDataCreatorReceiver vs. SegmentDataQueueReceiver
Receiver Attribute Property Keys
- aliasName - Can be used to override the Attribute Name on the Receiver output.
- parentId - Defines a reference to a parent segment. This is set automatically at the Scenario level for the Domain.
- include - Determines if the given Attribute will be included in the segment output.
How Does the SegmentDataQueueReceiver Work?
- Step 1 - Assign the SegmentDataQueueReceiver to each Domain
- Step 2 - Assign the DelimitedFileSegmentQueueMergeReceiver to a Merge Domain
Step 1 - Assign the SegmentDataQueueReceiver to each Domain
The SegmentDataQueueReceiver needs to be assigned to each Domain that requires a data segment to be generated.
For example, if a tester has four Domains (e.g., Organization, Department, User, Address), they need to assign the SegmentDataQueueReceiver to each.
Step 2 - Assign the DelimitedFileSegmentQueueMergeReceiver to a Merge Domain
The DelimitedFileSegmentQueueMergeReceiver will need to be assigned to a Merge Domain. Note that the Merge Domain is created automatically for some Domain Import methods. Otherwise, it will have to be created manually within a Project Version of a selected Project.
Special Notes for Imported Domains
For some import methods, Receivers are automatically assigned to the Domains. The following steps may need to be performed:
- Remove the SegmentDataCreatorReceiver and add the SegmentDataQueueReceiver for each Domain that will generate a data segment.
- A Merge Domain is created automatically. Remove the current Merge Receiver for the Merge Domain and add the DelimitedFileSegmentQueueMergeReceiver.