How to create multiple Domains from a DDL File
- In the Projects Dashboard, select a Test Data Project and navigate to the Domains pane. You will only see the Domains pane when you have a Project selected.
- Open the New Domain drop-down menu.
- Click on the Import from DDL option in the menu.
- Select the Import Multiple Domains from DDL option and click the Next button.
- Select a Vendor from the drop-down menu (mysql for this example).
- Click on Choose File to browse to and select your DDL file.
- Click the Save button once finished.
- Wait for your DDL to be imported. Your DDL file is now placed in a queue.
- You will receive an email when the import has started and when the import has completed. Once you receive the completion email your Domains have been imported into the selected Project.
After you import Multiple Domains from a DDL you can view a DDL audit if any errors occurred. You can view your DDL import audit in the Project Versions pane of your Project.
- Expand the Options menu for the Project Version.
- Click on the GenRocket Table Schema (GTS) Audit Details option.
- This will open the DDL Audit Dialog, as shown below,
- Select the DDL import you want to audit and click the Next button. If this is your first time importing you will only see one.
- The DDL Audit will appear as shown below:
The following video can be viewed to learn more about creating multiple Domains from a DDL as well: