A Scenario Chain contains two or more Scenarios that have been linked together and are often used when building data for complex data models.
Each Domain should have its own Scenario in GenRocket, which can then be chained or linked together for easy test data generation.
How to Create a Scenario Chain
- Click the New Scenario Chain button within the Scenario Chains Pane.
- Input a Name and Description (optional but recommended) for your Scenario Chain.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Plus (+) button to the right of the Scenario Name to add it to the chain.
- Add each Scenario in the order they should be executed.
- A Delay may be set after each Scenario. When a delay is configured, GenRocket Runtime will wait the defined number of seconds after running the Scenario.
- To set a delay, click on the Edit (Pencil) icon for the desired Scenario.
- Enter the number of seconds and then click the Disk icon to save.
- Once finished, click the Download button to download your new Scenario Chain.
Note: Scenario Chains may also be downloaded from the Project Dashboard by clicking on the Download (Cloud) icon within the Scenario Chains Pane.
- You can run your Scenario Chain just like how you run a normal GenRocket Scenario within the Command Window or a Terminal Session. To learn more, please see this article: How to run a Scenario Chain?
The following video can be used to learn more about creating and using Scenario Chains in GenRocket: