This article shows the following information:
- How you can have multiple profiles to access your different Salesforce Environments.
- How you can dynamically access Salesforce Environments to query and import Object descriptions to speed setup.
- How you can dynamically insert data back into a Salesforce Object when GenRocket is generating the data.
GenRocket Supports Multiple Salesforce Profiles
Within GenRocket, you are able to create multiple Salesforce Profiles to access your different Salesforce Environments.
Supporting multiple SFDC Profiles provides these benefits:
- You can quickly and easily switch between Salesforce Profiles.
- You can quickly and easily insert test data into any of your Salesforce Environments.
To view your Salesforce Profiles, complete these steps:
- Here, you can see each Salesforce Profile.
- A Salesforce Profile may be activated or deactivated within the Action menu.
Note: To learn how to create a Salesforce Profile, please see this article:
Dynamically Access Salesforce Environments
Dynamically access and query Salesforce Environments to query and import Object descriptions for faster setup.
Benefits of Dynamically Accessing SFDC Environments
- Test data setup is much easier.
- Test data setup is much faster.
Complete these steps to view Salesforce Objects in GenRocket and import an Object with its Fields into a GenRocket Domain:
- Log into the GenRocket web platform.
- In the Domains pane, click the New Domain button.
- Select Import from SF from the drop-down menu.
Note: If a Salesforce Profile is not active, then you will not able to query Salesforce Objects.
- You can view all Salesforce Objects for the corresponding Salesforce Environment.
- The Filter field may be used to filter this information based on an entered value.
- Select the Fields you want to be imported into the GenRocket Domain.
- Click the Next button to finish the import.
Note: To see detailed instructions for generating and inserting test data into a Salesforce Object, please see this article: How Do I Add a Salesforce Object as a GenRocket Domain?.