This article shows how to do the following:
- Download a Test Data Permutation
- Run the Test Data Permutation with a Scenario or Scenario Chain
Downloading a Test Data Permutation
The Test Data Permutation must be downloaded to your local computer to be ran with a downloaded Scenario or Scenario Chain.
Click on the Download (Cloud) option located on the far right of the table in the Actions Column to download it to your local computer.
Remember to download the Scenario or Scenario Chain as well. Click on the same icon within the Project Dashboard for a Scenario or Scenario Chain to do so.
Note: To learn more about downloading Scenarios, please see: How Do I Download a Scenario?
Running a Test Data Permutation with a Scenario or Scenario Chain
The Test Data Permutation and the Scenario or Scenario Chain are ran using a single command line.
This command line can be found at the bottom of the Test Data Permutation configuration and will change based on the selected Test Data Category and Test Data Case.
The following values will be different depending on the name of the Test Data Permutation and what Test Data Category/Case/Scenario are being run:
- UnitLoadTestPermutation.gtdp - Name of the Test Data Permutation to be run.
- Load.case1 - Name of the Test Data Category and Test Data Case to be run.
- <ScenarioName.grs> - Name of the Scenario or Scenario Chain to run.
Complete the following steps to successfully run a Test Data Permutation and Scenario/Scenario Chain:
- Open a Command Window. For this example, Windows will be used.
- Set the directory to where files are downloaded from the GenRocket web platform to your local computer.
- Enter the command line by replacing the appropriate values. The Test Data Category, Test Data Case and Scenario Name can be changed accordingly.
Tip: You can select the Test Data Category and Test Data Case and then copy the command line straight from the Test Data Permutation. Then simply change the Scenario Name.
- Press the Enter Key on your keyboard to run the command.
- Once the the command line has been run successfully, you will be able to view the output data on your local computer by opening the file from the command line or with the appropriate application.
Note: Test Data Permutations may be ran with any Scenario or Scenario Chain within a Project that contains one or all of the specified Domains.