Domains, Attributes, Generators, and Receivers are the building blocks for a Scenario. Once these four components are in place, a GenRocket Scenario can be created.
A Scenario allows you to define instructions for generating test data. These instructions are defined by doing the following:
- Selecting one or more Domains to generate data.
- Specifying how much data each Domain will generate.
- Determining the sequence in which the Domains will generate their data.
- Downloading the Scenario to a computer.
- Executing the Scenario using the GenRocket Runtime Engine.
One Scenario can generate data for only one Domain, which is referred to as the Primary Domain. All other Domains within a Scenario define parent/sibling relationships within the data.
Here you can see a Scenario with two Domains:
- User Domain - Primary Domain
- Address Domain - Sibling Domain
Running the Scenario with the configuration below will generate 50 user records with column data for each User Domain Attribute as an Excel File:
Note: To learn more about Scenarios, please see this section of the documentation: Scenarios.