Each GenRocket Project relates to an application or database. So if you have CRM, ERP, CMS and ECommerce applications you will likely have 4 Projects set up within GenRocket. Data in one project can be related to data in another project through Organization Variables so that there is consistency of data across all of your Projects.
Projects contain no customer data. Projects contain aspects of your data model as reflected in the GenRocket 5 key components: the Domains, Attributes, Generators, Receivers and Scenarios that will generate data for your testing use cases.
Projects are created and managed from the Projects window in the Projects Dashboard.
Creating a New Project
- Navigate to the Projects Window in the Projects Dashboard
- Click the New Project button. The New Project Dialog Box appears.
- Enter a name for the new project and if you wish a Project Description.
- Click the Save button.
- The new Project will be added to the list of projects.
- Your project has been created.