How do I add users to my organization?
Modified on: Fri, 6 Oct, 2023 at 12:12 PM
An Organization Admin (Org Admin) can add new users through the GenRocket Web Platform by following the instructions below. This is part of the "Manage" phase.
In This Article
When Should a New User be Added?
- New users should be added when an individual within your organization needs an account for GenRocket.
- Do not add a new user if they have an account that is currently disabled. Click here to learn how to enable a user.
Will the User be Notified?
- Yes, two emails will be sent to the email address entered for the user.
- The user will receive a welcome email from firstname.lastname@example.org with helpful information to get started.
- The user will also receive an email that contains their account login information (Username and Password) and a link to the GenRocket web platform.
How to Add a New User
- Expand the Organization Menu in the Menu Bar (contains the org name and user's first name).
- Select the My Organization menu option.
- Click the New User button within the Manage Users Pane.
- Enter a valid email address, first name, last name, and Mobile (Optional) for the user.
- Enter a password for the user. Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters and contain:
- At least 1 Number (e.g., 1, 2, 3)
- At least 1 Capital Letter (e.g., A, B, C)
- At least 1 Special Character (e.g., #, @, %)
- New Users will be assigned the General User Role by default. Users assigned this role can only view and change information for their account.
- The checkboxes can be used to select additional roles for a user (e.g., Team Manager). Click here to see a description of the most common available user roles.
Note: Roles displayed here will depend on what has been enabled in the GenRocket web platform for the organization.
- Click the Save button to finish adding the new user.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.