In This Article
- Receiver Attribute Property Keys
- Step 1: Assign the SegmentPartitionReceiver to the Domain
- Step 2: Configure Receiver Parameters
- Step 3: Create a Scenario for the Domain and Download the Scenario
- Step 4: (Optional) Create Additional Domains and Scenarios to Merge
- Step 5: Run the Scenario using the Partition Engine
Step 1: Assign the SegmentPartitionReceiver to the Domain
The SegmentPartitionReceiver can be used to generate a complex file format with a large volume of data for a particular Domain.
- Select the Domain within the Project Dashboard.
- Click on the Add Receiver button within the Domain Dashboard.
- Select the SegmentPartitionReceiver within the pop-up window.
- Click Save in the dialog window.
Note: To view the complete steps for assigning a new Receiver to a Domain, click here.
Step 2: Configure Receiver Parameters
Next, the SegmentPartitionReceiver Parameters will need to be configured. Click on each field to enter or modify the value. An example configuration is shown below:
Note: When a sub-directory is defined, it will be the location where the partition segments are created for each server/instance. This will need to be specified in the config file to merge the partition segment (See Step 4 for more details).
Step 3: Create a Scenario for the Domain and Download the Scenario
A Scenario will need to be created for the Domain and downloaded to run it using the Partition Engine. To learn how to create a Scenario for a Domain, click here.
Once created, click on the Download (Cloud) Icon to download the Scenario to your local machine.
Step 4: (Optional) Create Additional Domains and Scenarios to Merge
After creating the Partition Segment, you can create other Domains and Scenarios that can be merged using a Merge Scenario.
The created MergeScenario will merge the segments into a specified format. An example is shown below:
A config file will also need to be created to merge the segments. An example config file is shown in the screenshot below.
Important: If a sub-directory has been defined within the Parameter configuration (Step 2), you will need to specify the sub-directory in which the Partition Segments created for each server/instance within the config file to notify the merge receivers.