Often, Software Testers have requirements to install GenRocket Runtime on a Testing Automation Server so that it can run Test Data Generation Scenarios. We call this type of server a Named Server.
Any Named Server executing GenRocket Scenarios to generate synthetic test data must be registered in the GenRocket system.
When software tests are run on an automation server and call GenRocket Scenarios to generate synthetic test data, a check is made to validate the Named Server.
We use the term because Test Automation Servers are sometimes changed, so the Named Server can be reassigned to a new .
In This Article
- Who Can Add a Named Server?
- When Should a Named Server be Added?
- How to Add a New Named Server?
- How to Use a Named Server
Who Can Add a Named Server?
- Only Organization Admins can add a new Named Server to the GenRocket Web platform.
When Should a Named Server be Added?
How to Add a New Named Server?
- Select the Servers Tab and click New Server to create a new server.
- Enter a unique name for the server.
- Optionally, add a description and email address.
- The Enabled option will automatically be checked to enable the server.
- Click Save once finished.
How to Use a Named Server
Once added, the Organization Admin can download the Server Profile so that the Server may be used to execute GenRocket Scenarios. A server can be enabled/disabled as needed by the Org Admin.
Complete these steps to do so:
- Go to the Project Dashboard.
- From within the Resources pane, select the Server you want to download.
- Click to expand the Download menu and select the Server Profile (e.g., ServerProfile.grp).
- After downloading the Profile, go to the Server machine and place the profile into the <SERVER_HOME>/.genrocket folder.