Users have the ability within the GenRocket web platform to import a Salesforce Object, generate test data, and populate the object with synthetic test data in real-time.
In This Article
- When Should this Feature Be Used?
- What Setup Steps are Required?
- How Does it Work?
- Salesforce Query Generators
- Salesforce Test Data Generation Options
- Use Case Examples
- "How To" and Reference Articles
- Additional Learning Resources
When Should this Feature Be Used?
- Any time test data needs to be generated and inserted into one or more Salesforce Objects.
What Setup Steps are Required?
- The Salesforce integration feature must be enabled for your organization.
- Please contact Customer Support to have it activated.
How Does it Work?
- Create a Project with the Default Project Version.
- Import Salesforce Objects to create Domains.
- The SFObjectInsertReceiver is automatically added to each imported Domain.
- Create a Scenario for each imported Domain.
- Make design modifications (e.g., Change loopCount, Set Parent/Child Relationships Modify Generators, Create Cases).
- Generate and insert test data into Salesforce.
- Generate data either through GenRocket Cloud or on the user's local machine at the Command Line.
- Additional setup steps will be required when performed at the command line.
Salesforce Query Generators
Three Salesforce Query Generators can be used to query a Salesforce Object during test data generation.
Salesforce Test Data Generation Options
Salesforce test data can be generated in one of two ways with GenRocket:
- Execute from Web - Execute from the GenRocket web platform and populate the Salesforce Object(s) from the web. A complete example can be seen here.
Note: There are limitations when using this method. At most, 10,000 records can be pushed using this method. If more will need to be generated and pushed, then test data will need to be generated at the command line.
Note: The Execute from Web option cannot be used to generate test data with features such as G-Cases, G-Questionnaire, etc. In those instances, the user must execute from the command line (details below).
- Execute from the Command Line- Additional steps are required to generate Salesforce test data. These steps include:
- Install GenRocket Runtime on the user's local machine.
- Configure Organization Resources.
- Download a GenRocket Profile.
- Set up an Environment Variable (for executing the Scenario).
- Download the Scenario to the user's local machine.
- Download additional test data generation components (e.g., Test Data Cases).
- Run the Command at the command line.
Use Case Examples
|How to Populate a Salesforce Account||See how to import a Salesforce Object into a GenRocket Domain and then populate the Account with generated test data in real time.|
|How to Generate Conditioned Test Data for Salesforce|
|How do I Model Data for Master-Detail and Lookups?||See how to dynamically generate Master-Detail and Lookup Data for Salesforce.|
"How To" and Reference Articles
The following articles can be used to learn more about setting up and generating test data for Salesforce.
|GenRocket Terminology for Salesforce Users||Learn more about GenRocket Terminology and how it applies to generating test data for Salesforce.|
|How GenRocket Integrates Dynamically with Salesforce||Learn more about how GenRocket integrates with Salesforce.|
|Salesforce Setup - Environmental Variable Required for Executing Scenarios||Learn more about how to set up the required Environment Variable for generating test data at the command line.|
|How do I add a Custom Domain for Salesforce?||Learn how to add a Custom Domain to use with one or more Salesforce Profiles.|
|How do I create a Salesforce Profile in GenRocket?|
|How do I import a Domain from Salesforce?||Learn how to import a Domain from Salesforce.|
|How do I add a Salesforce Object as a GenRocket Domain?||Learn more about importing Salesforce Objects to create Domains.|
Additional Learning Resources
The following resources can be used to learn more about completing the steps mentioned in this article.
|Windows: GenRocket Initial Installation and Setup||See step-by-step instructions on how to install GenRocket Runtime on a Windows machine.|
|Windows: How do I download and set up my profile.grp?||See step-by-step instructions on how a user downloads their profile to a Windows machine.|
|Mac OSX/Linux: GenRocket Initial Installation and Setup||See step-by-step instructions on how to install GenRocket Runtime on a Mac or Linux machine.|
|How To Install the GenRocket Runtime (Video)||Watch a video on installing GenRocket Runtime directly from the command line on a Mac or Linux machine.|
|Mac OSX/Linux: How do I download and set up my profile.grp?||See step-by-step instructions on how a user downloads their profile to a Mac or Linux machine.|
|How do I change Organization Resource values?||Learn more about how to configure Organization Resources in GenRocket Cloud.|
|How do I use Quick Scenario?||Learn how to quickly add a Scenario to a Domain.|
|How do I download a Scenario?||Learn how to download a Scenario for test data generation.|
|How do I run a GenRocket Scenario?||Learn how to run a Scenario at the command line for generating test data.|