Installation and Setup Overview
To install and get started with GenRocket, you will need to do the following:
- Review GenRocket Runtime Installation Requirements
- Install GenRocket Runtime to Your Local Computer
- Configure Resources in GenRocket (If Not Already Configured)
- Download Your Profile from GenRocket
- (Optional) Installation for Secure Environments
Note: You can also learn how to install GenRocket by completing the Setup Tutorials on the Tutorial Dashboard.
Step 1 - Review Installation Requirements
The installation requirements for GenRocket Runtime can be found here: GenRocket Runtime Installation Requirements.
Step 2 - GenRocket Runtime Installation and Setup
Step 3 - Configure Resources in GenRocket
Resources define the directory paths used to download files and connect to a specified database from GenRocket. Depending on your Organization and how GenRocket is being used, one or several resources may need to be configured.
If these paths are not configured properly, you will not be able to complete Step 4 and Step 5 below. At a minimum, you must have a defined path for these two resources:
- resource.home.directory - Defines the home directory on your local computer.
- resource.output.directory - Defines the directory where generated files will be saved.
No resource values should be left EMPTY in the Resources pane. If a value is not required, you will need to enter "NA" or "..." as a placeholder.
Note: For more information about configuring your resources, please see the Resources section.
Step 3a - Connecting to a Database
Note: Additional resources may need to be configured based on your organization.
Step 4 - Download Your Profile from GenRocket
Follow the below links to learn how to download and install your Profile from GenRocket:
- Windows: How do I download and setup my profile.grp?
- OSX/Linux: How do I download my Profile.grp?
Step 5 - (Optional) Installation for Secure Environments
If you believe the above requirements are met you can verify everything is working by completing the following steps:
- Log into the GenRocket web platform.
- Create a Project with 1 Domain and 1 Scenario.
- Download the Scenario to your local computer.
- Run the Scenario on your local computer.
*You will not be able to download the Scenario if Steps 1 through 3 have not been completed correctly.
*You will not be able to run the Scenario if GenRocket Runtime has not been installed and set up correctly.